Topic: red color in l*a*b
Replies: 1   Last Post: Mar 4, 2014 6:51 PM

ImageAnalyst

red color in l*a*b

"elaf " <elaf.00445@hotmail.com> wrote in message <lf5dji$78v$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hi
> I have a program that read image and the convert it to l*a*b
> then display just the red color in the image
> my question : how can I calculate the average of red color in this image?

Red kind of roams around in lab color space. You'd be better off using hsv. Just use

hsv = rgb2hsv(rgbImage);

and threshold the hue channel. Red pixels will have hue less than about .1 or so and more than about 0.95 or so.

Date Subject Author
3/4/14
Read red color in l*a*b
elaf