Topic: What's In a Selfie?
Replies: 20   Last Post: Mar 16, 2014 10:42 PM

Robert Hansen

From: Florida
Registered: 6/22/09
Re: What's In a Selfie?

On Mar 12, 2014, at 7:21 PM, Richard Strausz <Richard.Strausz@farmington.k12.mi.us> wrote:

> I apologize for missing your posts where you cited the bloggers you admire. Would you mention one or two names?
>
> I'm always looking for more ideas too.

Dr. Math
Kahn Academy
AP Calculus Forum

There have been a few others and a couple of curriculums like Jump math, but I?ve become pretty much an expert on curriculum. What I am always looking for are ideas on how to present the topics in the curriculum with neat justifications that I hadn?t thought of before. I don?t use the third one for teaching right now, but when we get there I will. As for the art of mathematics I use competitive exams like Math League for ideas. That is what I call ?activity?. Of course, I am teaching someone who has been pedagogically prepared to learn what I am teaching. But even if that were not true, I still can?t see myself giving up and seeking out these teacher-enjoyment activities that avoid mathematics, you seem to like.

Bob Hansen