Topic: What's In a Selfie?
Replies: 20   Last Post: Mar 16, 2014 10:42 PM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: What's In a Selfie?

Robert Hansen (RH) posted Mar 13, 2014 1:41 AM (http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=9410784) - GSC's remarks follow:

> On Mar 12, 2014, at 3:25 PM, Richard Strausz
> <Richard.Strausz@farmington.k12.mi.us> wrote:
>

> > Even if you aren't a Meyer fan, you should have no
> > trouble finding other posters to read, follow, and
> > react to.
> >
> > Richard

> Well, unless you think he is a fraud and that people
> should know what fraud looks like in math education.
>
> Bob Hansen

About liars and frauds:
+++++
Well, how should we describe people like Haim (who is alas no longer with us) and Robert Hansen himself, who - deliberately and very consistently, over a period of years - promoted falsehoods to the effect that "OPMS is list-making and nothing else!", when the merest glance at the OPMS documentation would make the falsity of this claim evident to anyone? (Documentation about OPMS is readily available at the attachments to my post heading the thread "Democracy: how to achieve it?" - check out http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?threadID=2419536,

Even more convincing would be a simple exercise of applying OPMS to any Mission of current interest, using the OPMS prototype software (which helps users to do the required modeling involved). The OPMS s/w is FREELY available on request, and a sizable number of people have FREELY downloaded the s/w and have taken FREE (though limited) guidance from the undersigned relating to issues and difficulties confronted in making such application to issues.

And how should we describe people like Robert Hansen who has tried to promote the falsehood that GSC would "solicit funds" for the use of the software and/or for providing such guidance??

Should we describe them as 'liars'? Is there not something fraudulent about posting such lies?

Question for RH: Would you describe the above as "poking (you) with a stick?"
+++++
As to Dan Meyer being a fraud (as described by RH), I have only glanced at a couple of his blog posts to which Richard Strausz has drawn our attention, as I'm not a teacher (which is the group his blog is addressing). From whatever I've seen, I'm sure I'd never describe Dan Meyer as a "fraud" in ANY way.

About Robert Hansen:
The best advice we could proffer to RH might be:

"Physician, heal thyself!"

GSC