Robert Hansen posted Mar 15, 2014 9:24 PM (http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=9413013): > > On Mar 15, 2014, at 3:34 AM, GS Chandy > <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote: > > > I believe US $ 500 per month for a duration of 1 > year should do the trick. > > What exactly is the $500/mo for? Why do you need > *funds* in order to devote your time to learning how > to write s/w? >-- > Bob Hansen > What?
-- It's the "Open Sesame!" that unlocks Ali Baba's cave?
- -- Because the cows (sic) have come home to roost?
- -- Because I wish to become richer than Bill Gates?
- -- Because I wish to live in the lap of luxury, with my harem of houris and my eunuchs and other slaves?
- -- Because I wish to buy a yacht and an airliner?
- -- Because the bill installment for my Silver Ghost Rolls Royce is 'past due'?
- -- Etc, etc, etc, etc...
May I suggest you read the post, which explains, using your expert knowledge of Advanced English Figures of Speech?
If you find that TOO difficult to understand, any middle- or high-school English teacher may be able to make sense of it for you.
If you can't find a middle- or high-school English teacher to explain matters to you, let's both register for 'Advanced Philosophy: Hermeutics", where they will be treating those US $ 500 in detil.
GSC ("Still Shoveling! Not PUSHING!! Not GOADING!!!")