Topic: What's In a Selfie?
Replies: 20   Last Post: Mar 16, 2014 10:42 PM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: What's In a Selfie?

Robert Hansen (RH) posted Mar 16, 2014 9:07 PM (http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=9413501):

> On Mar 15, 2014, at 7:06 PM, GS Chandy
> <gs_chandy@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > What?
> >
> > Why??

> Yes, I am asking you why you need $500 a month to
> learn how to write software. It is a very odd request
> as it is for someone to solicit funds from members of
> a forum, let alone so that they can learn to write
> software. I think it is a fair question to ask. Why
> do you need $500 a month to learn to write software?
> What is this money for?
>
> Bob Hansen

Oh, please, Mr Hansen - I was just trying to poke a little fun at you and your ridiculous ideas. (To use your own wonderful words in the English language - of which all these years you;ve been demonstrating such an awesome command, 'figures of speech' and all) I was just seeking to "poke you with a stick", as it were.

I see now where I made a serious error - mea culpa! In "poking you with a stick", I should have suggested a figure of US $ 50,000 p.m. or US $ 5 million p.m. - then you *might* have have 'got it'. (Despite OPMS, I went into that serious error: so let's do a bit of 'extraordinary rendition' or waterboarding of OPMS!)

But what about the challenge of seeking out opinions about your performance at these forums in the English language, or just language, or even just common sense?

"Children must be PUSHED (or GOADED) to learn math!" (and presumably everything else. -- The wonderful words and wisdom of Robert Hansen. No kidding, but that's about the funniest thing I've heard since "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!" by GW Bush.

GSC

Message was edited by: GS Chandy