The Math Forum

Topic: Conflation
Replies: 5   Last Post: Mar 17, 2014 12:44 PM

Robert Hansen

From: Florida
Registered: 6/22/09
Re: Conflation

On Mar 17, 2014, at 6:25 AM, Richard Strausz <> wrote:

> Bob, I thought of you when I saw this web site.
> Enjoy - Richard

Yeah, I do a lot of that. Also, when my son is getting off track, I (deliberately) lead him into a contradiction, which causes him to think about where he went wrong. I used to annoy my teachers because that was also my most favorite form of proof, by contradiction. It is also something I employ a lot here on math teach. It seems to be contra the thinking of most people. They seem (overly) used to A, then B, then C.

Bob Hansen