Topic: Structured Programming
Replies: 103   Last Post: Mar 25, 2014 12:33 AM

Robert Hansen

From: Florida
Registered: 6/22/09
Re: Structured Programming

Bob

On Mar 18, 2014, at 2:27 PM, Joe Niederberger <niederberger@comcast.net> wrote:

>> R Hansen says:
>> - -------------------------------------------------------
>> I would list these sources by order of influence as -
>>
>> 1. Parents - Your parents (or guardians) are your primary contacts.
>> 2. Peers - These are the people of your own age that you hang with.
>> 3. Other Adults - These are all of the other adults that you interact, including teachers.
>> 4. Extended Family - This can vary depending on how distant, involved or desirable your extended family is.
>> 5. Random - Rape, Muggings, Assaults, Crime, etc. To you, in front of you, to someone you know/knew, on your street, etc.
>> - ---------------------------------------
>>

> Joe N:

>> That is so different from what I or my kids or my parents for that matter grew up with. Not that there were not murders in front of my high school while I was a student there.
>
> R Hansen:

>> Did I leave a category out? Or do you mean the order?
>
> The order, for sure. What do you mean by influence? I would mean influence on my development, on what I became.
> Peers might influence the way I used to dress, how I spoke, but had very little to do with my development. Ditto for random events.
>
> "Other adults" is too broad to be useful. Teachers, neighbors, coaches, great and not-so-great authors, etc., are all in that category. I would certain teachers, coaches, and writers had great influence; most others, very little.
>
> Cheers,
> Joe N

I ordered things as they appear to be on average, this was by no means an ideal case. Good milieu certainly involves a different order. And they change from situation to situation. I see your point with other adults. On average though, I think even your best examples fall in the middle of the pack.

I realized after I replied that I missed literature and art. Literature would include books, magazines, movies, TV, even songs. Art is, well, art.:)

Unfortunately, literature for most today means TV.

Bob Hansen

Date Subject Author
3/6/14
Read Re: Structured Programming
[...]
[...]
[...]