Topic: How science shaped modern 'rejection of religion'
Replies: 84   Last Post: Mar 26, 2014 5:46 AM

Robert Hansen

From: Florida

On Mar 19, 2014, at 5:51 PM, Joe Niederberger <niederberger@comcast.net> wrote:

> * In this, typical RH instance, he says:
> "These were not beliefs. They were mental feelings motivated by data and evidence.?

When you deduce the laws of physics, or anything else for that matter, you do so through observation and thinking. There is no ?affective? component. You are either right or you are wrong. The only hope you have is that you haven?t missed something. The part of the puzzle you are missing is how one does this. What kind of thinking is involved. Essentially, you are able to recognize and distinguish aspects that are not even labeled yet. For example, to you the notion of ?force? is something delivered by scripture, but to me it is the name of a piece in a puzzle. Deriving the laws is a matter of looking at nature and deriving the puzzle and then labeling the pieces. This is why I often use words that seem wrong to you. I can see the pieces, I just don?t have a word for them. Generally this has never been a problem for me as it is with you. You are unique in that aspect. The hardest such case I have ever come across. Don?t beat yourself up too much. Only a very small percentage!
of people get this far in their thinking. What you should beat yourself up over is lashing out at people when they are doing this. But as I have said earlier. I am quite adept at defending myself. So throw your tantrums if you must.

Bob Hansen

Date Subject Author
3/16/14
Read How science shaped modern 'rejection of religion'
GS Chandy
3/16/14
Read Re: How science shaped modern 'rejection of religion'
kirby urner
3/17/14
Read Re: How science shaped modern 'rejection of religion'
Robert Hansen
3/17/14
Read Re: How science shaped modern 'rejection of religion'
kirby urner
3/17/14
Read Re: How science shaped modern 'rejection of religion'
Robert Hansen
3/17/14
Read Re: How science shaped modern 'rejection of religion'
kirby urner
3/17/14
Read Re: How science shaped modern 'rejection of religion'
Robert Hansen
3/17/14
Read Re: How science shaped modern 'rejection of religion'
Joe Niederberger
3/18/14
[...]
Louis Talman
3/18/14
Read Re: How science shaped modern 'rejection of religion'
Robert Hansen
3/18/14
Read Re: How science shaped modern 'rejection of religion'
Joe Niederberger
3/18/14
Read Re: How science shaped modern 'rejection of religion'
Robert Hansen
3/19/14
[...]
3/20/14
[...]
3/21/14
Read Re: How science shaped modern 'rejection of religion'
kirby urner
3/21/14
Read Re: How science shaped modern 'rejection of religion'
Robert Hansen
3/21/14
Read Re: How science shaped modern 'rejection of religion'
kirby urner
3/21/14
Read Re: How science shaped modern 'rejection of religion'
Robert Hansen
3/22/14
Read Re: How science shaped modern 'rejection of religion'
kirby urner
3/22/14
Read Re: How science shaped modern 'rejection of religion'
Gary Tupper
3/21/14
Read Re: How science shaped modern 'rejection of religion'
Robert Hansen
3/19/14
Read Re: How science shaped modern 'rejection of religion'
Joe Niederberger
3/19/14
Read Re: How science shaped modern 'rejection of religion'
Robert Hansen
3/19/14
Read Re: How science shaped modern 'rejection of religion'
Domenico Rosa
3/19/14
[...]
3/23/14
Read Re: How science shaped modern 'rejection of religion'
GS Chandy
3/23/14
Read Re: How science shaped modern 'rejection of religion'
GS Chandy
3/24/14
Read Re: How science shaped modern 'rejection of religion'
GS Chandy
3/25/14
Read Re: How science shaped modern 'rejection of religion'
GS Chandy
3/25/14
Read Re: How science shaped modern 'rejection of religion'
kirby urner
3/25/14
Read Re: How science shaped modern 'rejection of religion'
GS Chandy
3/26/14