Topic: Logistic equation with delay
Replies: 8   Last Post: Mar 24, 2014 3:42 AM

Re: Logistic equation with delay

"Adin" wrote in message <lggbgg$95h$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> I am trying to solve a logistic equation with delay WITHOUT using dde23. So the delay is of the form: ddtN(t)=N(t)(a-bN(t-?t)),a>0,b>0
> I have a function called logistic that looks like this:
> function dN = logistic(t,N)
> global a b;
> dN = (a-N.*b)*N;
> And another file that calls this function with ode45 like this:
> global a b;
> a = 4;
> b = 1;
> [t, N] = ode45('logistic', [0:.01:5], 10);

ok, here you try to solve the _continuous_ logistic equation without delay.

> I think I understand how to write a for-loop to calculate the logistic equation with delay of 1 since I'm picking my ? to be 1; but I'm not getting the correct results. Here is the code:
> S=zeros(501,1);
> t=zeros(501,1);
> S(1)=0;
> for iterate=1:501
> S(i) = S(i-1) + r*S(i-1)*(1-b*S(i-1))
> end
> plot(t,S)

ok, here you try to solve the _discrete_ logistic equation without delay (although the case S(1)=0 is not that interesting)

> Any ideas?

And where do you try to solve the continuous logistic equation with delay ?

Best wishes