Topic: § 454 Equality and the axioms of natural numbers
Replies: 30   Last Post: Mar 23, 2014 2:41 PM

Virgil

Re: � 454 Equality and the axioms of natural numbers

In article <a280559d-fcb6-4ca3-b4fb-f881b5edbbf3@googlegroups.com>,
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de wrote:

> On Friday, 21 March 2014 01:08:38 UTC+1, Virgil wrote:
> > In article <4bJWu.19896$x%2.3254@fx02.iad>,
> >
> > "Dan Christensen" <Dan_Christensen@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> >

> > > Then let us know whether pi is a natural number - from the Peano axioms
> >
> > > which, according to you, "fully capture the common intuition of the
> > > natural

> > > numbers".
> >

> > First give us your definition of pi.

> It is the circumference of an ideal circle divided by its diameter.
> You can also understand the area of this circle divided by it radius^2 as pi.

> > I suspect that your definition will clash with the Peano axioms using
> > either 0 or 1 as the non-successor natural and x + 1 as successor of x

> That is obviuos. But the modern logicians do not know what +1 means.

The ones outside of WM's wild weird world of WMytheology do,
but WM can only speak for those incarcerated within his WMytheology.
--

Date Subject Author
3/20/14
3/20/14
Read Re: § 454 Equality and the axioms of natural numb
ers
JT
3/20/14
Read Re: § 454 Equality and the axioms of natural numb
ers
JT
3/20/14
Read Re: § 454 Equality and the axioms of natural numbers
Dan Christensen
3/20/14
Read Re: § 454 Equality and the axio
ms of natural numbers
Robin Chapman
3/21/14
Read Re: § 454 Equality and the axioms of natural numb
ers
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
3/21/14
Read Re: � 454 Equality and the axioms of natural numbers
Virgil
3/21/14
Read Re: § 454 Equality and the axioms of natural numbers
Ralf Bader
[...]
3/22/14
Read Re: § 454 Equality and the axioms of natural numb
ers
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
3/22/14
Read Re: � 454 Equality and the axioms of natural numbers
Virgil
3/22/14
Read Re: § 454 Equality and the axioms of natural numb
ers
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
3/22/14
Read Re: � 454 Equality and the axioms of natural numbers
Virgil
3/23/14
Read Re: ß 454 Equality and the axioms of natural numb
ers
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
3/23/14
[...]
Brian Q. Hutchings