Topic: Logistic equation with delay
Replies: 8   Last Post: Mar 24, 2014 3:42 AM

Steven Lord

Re: Logistic equation with delay

"Torsten " <Torsten.Hennig@umsicht.fraunhofer.de> wrote in message
> "Adin" wrote in message <lghd8k$q3m$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
>> > You'll have to use dde23.
>> >
>> > Best wishes
>> > Torsten.

>> As I stated in the original post, I can't use dde23. Is there any other
>> way to solve this?

> The discrete time-delayed logistic equation is simple to solve, but for
> the continuous version, there is no alternative to dde23.

If you can't use DDE23 because you're using a very old version of MATLAB
(DDE23 was introduced in release R13 over 11 years ago) or because you're
using a different package that doesn't provide DDE23, you could try
implementing a DDE solver on your own using the references and notes on this
Wikipedia page:

Steve Lord