Topic: first anniversary of the IITS
Replies: 15   Last Post: Mar 26, 2014 4:42 PM

Albert D. Rich

From: Hawaii Island
Registered: 5/30/09
Re: first anniversary of the IITS

On Friday, March 21, 2014 8:42:15 AM UTC-10, clicl...@freenet.de wrote:

> [...]
>
> Just cosmetic defects are left to report in the Chapter 5 evaluations:
> in Example 100, different versions of the radicand are employed in
> parallel. And COS(2*x) could be used to advantage in the evaluations of
> Examples 93-94, 96 and 117. A systematic check against the evaluations
> in Timofeev's book, however, remains to be made.

I revised the optimal antiderivatives for examples 93, 94, 96, 100 and 117 of Chapter 5 of the Timofeev integration test suite as you suggested, and posted the results on the Rubi website at

http://www.apmaths.uwo.ca/~arich/

Please explain what is required for "A systematic check against the evaluations in Timofeev's book".

Albert