Topic: Very simple question
Replies: 4   Last Post: Apr 11, 2014 2:11 AM

Dave Snead

Re: Very simple question

Stephen --

Don't try to pass off a lower case ell as a one.
Change fx[ptl_] to fx[pt1_]

-- Dave Snead

-----Original Message-----
From: Ste[hen Gray
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 1:14 AM
Subject: Very simple question

I've been away from Mathematica for about 7 years.
Can anyone tell me why function fx gives an error message but fy does
not? They look functionally the same to me.
Please send me an email about this.

fx[ptl_] := Module[{x1, y1, x2, y2, x3, y3},
Print[pt1];
x1 = pt1[[1, 1]]; y1 = pt1[[1, 2]];
x2 = pt2[[2, 1]]; y2 = pt2[[2, 2]];
x3 = pt3[[3, 1]]; y3 = pt3[[3, 2]];
Print[x1, y1, x2, y2, x3, y3];
]
fx[{{1, 2}, {3, 5}, {4, 7}}]

fy[pt1_] := Module[{zz, x1, y1, x2, y2, x3, y3},
zz = pt1;
Print[zz];
x1 = zz[[1, 1]]; y1 = zz[[1, 2]];
x2 = zz[[2, 1]]; y2 = zz[[2, 2]];