Topic: Common Core Algebra Regents
Replies: 2   Last Post: Apr 12, 2014 6:57 AM

Jayson Kiang

Common Core Algebra Regents
att1.html (6.4 K)

If a student does not show up for the Common Core Algebra Regents on June 3, is he still allowed to take the June Integrated Algebra Regents? Thanks.

Jayson Kiang
Longwood High School

-----Original Message-----
From: Math Department Chairpersons digest <departmental-math@nassauboces.org>
To: departmental-math digest recipients <departmental-math@nassauboces.org>
Sent: Sat, Apr 12, 2014 12:00 am
Subject: departmental-math digest: April 11, 2014

This collection of messages is from the departmental-math listserv.Replies to
this digest will be distributed to every member of this listserv.
DEPARTMENTAL-MATH Digest for Friday, April 11, 2014.

1. Burning Questions
2. RE: Burning Questions
3. K-12 Director of Mathematics

Subject: Burning Questions
From: "Murray, Anthony" <amurray@hewlett-woodmere.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 14:57:40 +0000

Hi All,

Are any of you using the Common Core Regents Algebra score as part of students
final average?
When can we expect the conversion from the state?

Anthony Murray
P-12 Mathematics Chairman
Hewlett-Woodmere Public Schools
516 792 - 4379
516 792 - 4053

Subject: RE: Burning Questions
From: Ronald Labrocca <rlabrocca@hicksvillepublicschools.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 18:14:58 +0000

Yes...we count the Regents Assessment as 10% of the final average. Initially
they said we would get the scaled score by the last week in June.

Ron

Ronald J. Labrocca
Supervisor of Mathematics, Business and Computer Education
Hicksville Public Schools
200 Division Avenue
Hicksville, New York 11801
From: "Pisicchio, Marie" <pisicchiom@wantaghschools.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 21:53:49 +0000

Wantagh is searching for a Director of Mathematics, see attachment. If you, or
anyone you know in your district are interested in applying please apply through
our website. Wantagh's math department is an exceptional group of educators. I
was recently appointed as the Mandalay Elementary Principal in Wantagh, thus the
opening. If you have any questions let me know!

Regards,
Marie Pisicchio

---

END OF DIGEST