The Math Forum

Topic: associating .m files with matlab
Replies: 47   Last Post: Jul 28, 2015 2:22 AM

s183114

Re: associating .m files with matlab

Method ONE works as a charm on Windows 8.1 x64. Thanks!

kondiik@gmail.com wrote in message <50be4ef0-9b82-495d-bbee-24275daa4cbb@googlegroups.com>...
> [...]
>

> 2. Method TWO (More risky)
> a) Create a backup of your Regedit
> b) Open Regedit and Delete fallowing entries:
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.m
> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.m
> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MATLAB.m.8.1.0
> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\matlab.exe
>
> c) Create .txt file and paste:
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MATLAB.m.8.1.0]
> "FriendlyTypeName"="@C:\\Program Files\\MATLAB\\MATLAB Production Server\\R2013a\\bin\\win64\\matlab.exe,-58"
> @="MATLAB Code"
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MATLAB.m.8.1.0\DefaultIcon]
> @="C:\\Program Files\\MATLAB\\MATLAB Production Server\\R2013a\\bin\\win64\\m.ico,0"
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MATLAB.m.8.1.0\Shell]
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MATLAB.m.8.1.0\Shell\Open]
> @="Open"
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MATLAB.m.8.1.0\Shell\Open\command]
> @="\"C:\\Program Files\\MATLAB\\MATLAB Production Server\\R2013a\\bin\\win64\\matlab.exe\""
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MATLAB.m.8.1.0\Shell\Open\ddeexec]
> @="uiopen('%1',1)"
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MATLAB.m.8.1.0\Shell\Open\ddeexec\application]
> @="ShellVerbs.MATLAB.8.1.0"
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MATLAB.m.8.1.0\Shell\Open\ddeexec\topic]
> @="system"
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MATLAB.m.8.1.0\Shell\Run]
> @="Run"
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MATLAB.m.8.1.0\Shell\Run\command]
> @="\"C:\\Program Files\\MATLAB\\MATLAB Production Server\\R2013a\\bin\\win64\\matlab.exe\""
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MATLAB.m.8.1.0\Shell\Run\ddeexec]
> @="run('%1')"
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MATLAB.m.8.1.0\Shell\Run\ddeexec\application]
> @="ShellVerbs.MATLAB.8.1.0"
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MATLAB.m.8.1.0\Shell\Run\ddeexec\topic]
> @="system"
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.m]
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.m\OpenWithList]
> "a"="MATLAB.exe"
> "MRUList"="ab"
> "b"="NOTEPAD.EXE"
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.m\OpenWithProgids]
> "m_auto_file"=hex(0):
> "MATLAB.m.8.1.0"=hex(0):
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.m\UserChoice]
> "Hash"="bLHK1uKH5l4="
> "ProgId"="MATLAB.m.8.1.0"
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.m]
> @="MATLAB.m.8.1.0"
> "Content Type"="text/plain"
> "PerceivedType"="Text"
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.m\OpenWithProgids]
> "MATLAB.m.8.1.0"=""
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.m\PersistentHandler]
> @="{5e941d80-bf96-11cd-b579-08002b30bfeb}"
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.m\Versions]
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.m\Versions\MATLAB.m.8.1.0]
> "FileVersionMS"=dword:00080001
> "FileVersionLS"=dword:00000000
>
> d) Save file as fixmatlab.reg or save and change extension to .reg

Date Subject Author
10/9/10
Read associating .m files with matlab
nishant
10/9/10
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
ImageAnalyst
10/9/10
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Mark Shore
9/10/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Zhanhong
10/9/10
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
CHEW YEONG
10/9/10
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Mark Shore
10/10/10
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Steven Lord
10/10/10
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
CHEW YEONG
1/4/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Jonathan
1/5/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Jonathan
1/19/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Jesse Sipple
1/19/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Jonathan
2/21/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
grafikon
3/6/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Muhammad Ali
3/6/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
grafikon
4/3/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Mammar
11/8/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Chad
11/8/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Steven Lord
11/18/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
vomov
2/9/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
neiho
2/21/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Amir
3/15/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Godzilla
3/16/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Steven Lord
3/15/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Godzilla
5/2/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
dick mini
5/25/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Gordon
6/11/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
ahahah
6/11/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Steven Lord
6/12/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
vomov
6/15/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
ahahah
11/25/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Johannes
11/27/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Steven Lord
11/28/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Wayne
11/28/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
vomov
1/28/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Matt H
2/13/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Jesse Sipple
4/21/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Zack
2/8/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Mohamed Talaat Harb
3/14/14
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Salvatore
5/2/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
zemerovingian@gmail.com
9/9/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
alvinsa
9/9/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Yair Altman
8/14/14
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Paul
3/12/15
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Diego
7/28/15
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
John
3/15/14
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Muhammad Rehan Abbasi
4/17/14
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
kondiik@gmail.com
4/22/14