The Math Forum

Topic: Chained-functional notation examples?
Replies: 5   Last Post: May 9, 2014 2:07 AM

Daniel Lichtblau

Re: Chained-functional notation examples?

On 05/08/2014 09:20 AM, Hans Michel wrote:
> Daniel:
>
> Now What's the catch with Today?
>
> Today will only work in Wolfram Language (Mathematica v 10), which may be
> officially released Tomorrow?
>
> One can go on with a Who's on First theme. (Goes along with W|A baseball
> data)
>
> But currently the DateObject "Today" would have to be changed to something
> that would work in Mathematica 9 or below.
>
> Hans

Hans et al,

You are correct, I was using an unreleased version. Actually some good
came of it (I found a weakness in date comparisons that got addressed).
I'll leave modification for versions <=9 to others more adept at this
sort of thing. I never was much good with dates...

As for baseball,

http://www.redreporter.com/2012/2/13/2796324/hus-on-first-a-modernization

Daniel