Topic: To K-12 teachers here: Another enjoyable post from Dan Meyer
Replies: 68   Last Post: May 14, 2014 2:48 PM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India

Robert Hansen (RH) posted May 13, 2014 7:31 PM (http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=9461235)

<snip>
> >> (RH): Is
> >> that your message to us? You don?t have to teach
> >> math
> >> and there isn?t a damn thing your students can (or
> >> would know) to do about it? You are really
> >> starting
> >> to peak my curiosity as to how you are able to do
> >> this. What kind of school allows you to do this?
> >>
> >> Bob Hansen

> > (Richard Strausz) You're a funny guy.

> (RH) How so?
>
> Bob Hansen

Well, if I may surmise:

I: You're an 'expert' (self-proclaimed).
Self-proclaimed experts are usually 'funny guys'.
(At least, many people find them to be 'funny guys').

II: You're an 'expert' (self-proclaimed).
As an 'expert' (self-proclaimed), you have come out with some remarkably funny sayings. Like, for instance:

"How did I and all of the other experts in these fields
get by without pictures?" (May 9, 2014 7:21 PM, http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=9458143).

III: You're an 'expert' (self-proclaimed).
As Lou Talman has observed (implicitly), it's 'funny' that you don't seem to know the difference between the verbs "to pique" and "to peak". (There is quite a difference, you know, and most real 'experts' would know the difference. Well, maybe 'funny' experts wouldn't. Anyway, it's funny).

IV: There may well be other reasons for finding you to be a "funny guy". Doubtless Richard Strausz would be able to provide some other good reasons for why he finds you to be so.

GSC
("Still Shoveling! Not PUSHING!! Not GOADING!!!" But maybe "poking with a stick", just a wee bit)

Date Subject Author
4/18/14
Read To K-12 teachers here: Another enjoyable post from Dan Meyer
Richard Strausz
4/18/14
Read Re: To K-12 teachers here: Another enjoyable post from Dan Meyer
Robert Hansen
4/18/14
Read Re: To K-12 teachers here: Another enjoyable post from Dan Meyer
Richard Strausz
4/18/14
Read Re: To K-12 teachers here: Another enjoyable post from Dan Meyer
Richard Strausz
4/18/14
Read Re: To K-12 teachers here: Another enjoyable post from Dan Meyer
Robert Hansen
4/19/14
Read Re: To K-12 teachers here: Another enjoyable post from Dan Meyer
Richard Strausz
4/22/14
Read Re: To K-12 teachers here: Another enjoyable post from Dan Meyer
Joe Niederberger
4/22/14
[...]
4/27/14
Read Re: To K-12 teachers here: Another enjoyable post from Dan Meyer
Richard Strausz
4/27/14
Read Re: To K-12 teachers here: Another enjoyable post from Dan Meyer
Robert Hansen
4/27/14
Read Re: To K-12 teachers here: Another enjoyable post from Dan Meyer
Richard Strausz
4/28/14
[...]
5/2/14
Read Re: To K-12 teachers here: Another enjoyable post from Dan Meyer
Richard Strausz
5/2/14
Read Re: To K-12 teachers here: Another enjoyable post from Dan Meyer
Robert Hansen
5/2/14
Read Re: To K-12 teachers here: Another enjoyable post from Dan Meyer
Richard Strausz
5/4/14
Read Re: To K-12 teachers here: Another enjoyable post from Dan Meyer
GS Chandy
5/3/14
Read Re: To K-12 teachers here: Another enjoyable post from Dan Meyer
Richard Strausz
5/4/14
Read Re: To K-12 teachers here: Another enjoyable post from Dan Meyer
Robert Hansen
5/4/14
Read Re: To K-12 teachers here: Another enjoyable post from Dan Meyer
Richard Strausz
5/4/14
Read Re: To K-12 teachers here: Another enjoyable post from Dan Meyer
Robert Hansen
5/4/14
Read Re: To K-12 teachers here: Another enjoyable post from Dan Meyer
Richard Strausz
5/4/14
Read Re: To K-12 teachers here: Another enjoyable post from Dan Meyer
Robert Hansen
5/5/14
Read Re: To K-12 teachers here: Another enjoyable post from Dan Meyer
Louis Talman
5/5/14
Read Re: To K-12 teachers here: Another enjoyable post from Dan Meyer
Robert Hansen
5/5/14
Read Re: To K-12 teachers here: Another enjoyable post from Dan Meyer
Robert Hansen
5/5/14
Read Re: To K-12 teachers here: Another enjoyable post from Dan
Meyer
Bishop, Wayne
5/5/14
Read Re: To K-12 teachers here: Another enjoyable post from Dan Meyer
Richard Strausz
5/5/14
Read Re: To K-12 teachers here: Another enjoyable post from Dan Meyer
Robert Hansen
5/7/14
Read Re: To K-12 teachers here: Another enjoyable post from Dan Meyer
GS Chandy
5/13/14
Read Re: To K-12 teachers here: Another enjoyable post from Dan Meyer
Richard Strausz
5/13/14
Read Re: To K-12 teachers here: Another enjoyable post from Dan Meyer
Robert Hansen
5/13/14
Read Re: To K-12 teachers here: Another enjoyable post from Dan Meyer
Louis Talman
5/13/14
Read Re: To K-12 teachers here: Another enjoyable post from Dan Meyer
Robert Hansen
5/13/14
Read Re: To K-12 teachers here: Another enjoyable post from Dan Meyer
Robert Hansen
5/14/14