Topic: To K-12 teachers here: Another enjoyable post from Dan Meyer
Replies: 11   Last Post: May 22, 2014 6:22 PM

Louis Talman

On Thu, 15 May 2014 04:29:46 -0600, Robert Hansen <bob@rsccore.com> wrote:

> How would you understand how a mangled thumb written word can magically
> turn into an actual (correctly spelled) word, that you didn?t intend, if
> you turned the feature off?

Has it occurred to you that I turn it off *because* I understand? Or that
I reread things before they leave my machine? Not because I'm "wasting" a
Ph.D., but because precision is important---and always worth the effort?

(And, by the way, your posts are getting more amusing---not less amusing.)

- --Louis A. Talman
Metropolitan State University of Denver

<http://rowdy.msudenver.edu/~talmanl>