Topic: nasa.gov/scientific-consensus
Replies: 111   Last Post: Jun 18, 2014 1:15 PM

kefischer

Re: nasa.gov/scientific-consensus

On Mon, 02 Jun 2014 18:50:15 -0230, cloud dreamer
<reduce.reuse@recycle.net> wrote:

>On 02/06/2014 6:39 PM, kefischer wrote:
>> On Mon, 02 Jun 2014 13:16:29 -0500, "Jim G."
>> <jimgysin@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:
>>

>>> cloud dreamer sent the following on 5/31/2014 6:26 AM:

>>> Am I the only one getting a kick out of these increasingly obscure
>>> sources? This one, once again, gives no indication of any official link
>>> to anything or anyone credible on its "About" page even as it tosses
>>> about lots of feel-good generalities. I like this bit, in particular:
>>>
>>> QUOTE
>>> Our staff consists of a diverse team of international professionals.
>>> Through a dynamic portfolio of projects, we partner with various
>>> organizations to facilitate free access to and exchange of information
>>> in support of decision making and to promote a sustainable future.
>>> END QUOTE
>>>
>>> Odd how it doesn't provide specific names and doctoral degrees in
>>> science fields, or any such thing. Or maybe not.

>Odd how you can whine about who runs a site but have yet to provide a
>single piece of data to disprove what they're saying.

I didn't write that, you should have
replied to the person that did.

>> Yeah, a lot of Global Warming supporters
>> have degrees in literature, or economics,
>> but you won't find many geologists that
>> support it, they see too much evidence
>> that it has been a lot warmer before, way
>> before any IC engines or coal mines existed.

>Ummm....no. Climatologists are climatologists not lawyers or historians.

You mean the meteorologists that
exceed the number of weather jobs
available.

>"Supporters" can have any education. The difference is that those of us
>with an education are more open to learning.

You mean more brainwashed.

>Oh, and this "oh it was a lot warmer before" argument is pretty lame. I
>mean, seriously, are you that limited that you think only burning coal
>or oil can raise temperatures???? Seriously????

I don't think burning coal or oil can
raise temperatures, where did you get
the idea that I thought that?

>If you truly understood how the climate of this planet works, you'd know
>that is irrelevant.
>
>http://www.skepticalscience.com/medieval-warm-period.htm

"While the Medieval Warm Period saw unusually warm temperatures in some
regions, globally the planet was cooler than current conditions."

Climate Myth...

And who was the educated person
who was doing the global averaging
back then?

Or is somebody talking out of their
hat?

>And here's a hint...you can't compare the climate of the planet over the
>last 3 million years to any epoch before that. The rise of the Panama
>land bridge completely altered the climate of this planet. Altered it to
>one that saw the rise of homo sapiens.

You need something better than that,
seawater has covered Texas twice, once
coming from the east, and once coming
from the west.

And the Petrified Forest in Arizona
was 4000 feet lower at one time.

>What is happening now is going to be completely outside the climate that
>has existed over those three million years. The level of CO2 alone is
>already 100 ppm above the natural high and continues to increase at a
>rate of 2 ppm per year minimum....a rate that takes nature almost 1000
>years to replicate. Atmospheric temperatures are following.

GreenHouse Gases are what cool
the atmosphere, sending excess thermal
energy to space by way of Infra Red
radiation.

>But you won't believe us until the supermarket shelves are empty.
>
>And that is already in the cards.

Isn't here a law against yelling "fire"?

Date Subject Author
5/27/14
Read nasa.gov/scientific-consensus
The Starmaker
[...]