Topic: Why do so many of us hate math?
Replies: 30   Last Post: Jun 24, 2014 9:05 AM

Louis Talman

Re: Why do so many of us hate math?

On Wed, 18 Jun 2014 10:01:13 -0600, GS Chandy <chandy.sag@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dare I even suggest that Robert Hansen may even be benefited by
> attending a course on (American) English poetry and, perhaps also on
> (English) English poetry? On second thoughts, that may not be such a
> good suggestion: just plain and simple exercises on expressing one's
> ideas correctly, a few 'essays in composition', etc, etc, should fit the
> bill.

While it is no doubt that RH would benefit from such a course or courses, I
see little likelihood of his ever enrolling in one. They aren't directed
toward making money, and so are useless in his estimation.

- --Lou Talman
Metropolitan State University of Denver

<http://rowdy.msudenver.edu/~talmanl>

------- End of Forwarded Message