Topic: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Replies: 29   Last Post: Jun 20, 2014 4:00 PM

johngabriel2009@gmail.com

Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?

On Thursday, June 19, 2014 9:59:48 AM UTC+2, Virgil wrote:
> In article <929be574-b881-4442-ad67-e741fb1823de@googlegroups.com>,
>
> John Gabriel <thenewcalculus@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > In mainstream mythmatics, the MVT is ignorantly defined as follows:
>

> > If f is a differentiable function on (a,b), then there is at least one point
>
> > c, such that a secant line with endpoints (a,f(a)) and (b,f(b)) is parallel
>
> > to the tangent line at c.
>

> > But the converse of this is NOT true in mainstream calculus:
>

> > If f is a differentiable function on (a,b), and a tangent line exists at c,
>
> > then a parallel secant line exists with endpoints (a,f(a)) and (b,f(b)).
>

> > However, the MVT works regardless of the converse being true. The reason for
>
> > this, is that ignorant baboons (that would be you) do not know its real
>
> > meaning. In the New Calculus, the MVT is defined properly:
>

> In JG's improper NC, nothing is defined properly for proper calculus.
>
> --

I am only responding to save your comment so that others can know for certain you are a troll and a spammer.

Date Subject Author
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Virgil
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
johngabriel2009@gmail.com
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem? JG doesn't know!
Virgil
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Wizard-Of-Oz
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Dirk Van de moortel
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Dirk Van de moortel
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Virgil
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Dirk Van de moortel
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Dirk Van de moortel
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Port563
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Dirk Van de moortel
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
johngabriel2009@gmail.com
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Virgil
6/20/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem? JG doesn't know!
Virgil
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Virgil
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Virgil
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Virgil
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Jeff Hebert
6/19/14
Read Re: The Mean value Theorem in the New Calculus
Jeff Hebert
6/19/14
Read Re: The Mean value Theorem in JG's UNNew UNCalculus
Virgil
6/20/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
hoffman@spectre.com
6/20/14