Topic: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Replies: 29   Last Post: Jun 20, 2014 4:00 PM

Virgil

Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?

In article <4ef2d362-3ac8-49a6-b9f7-41324c287796@googlegroups.com>,
John Gabriel <thenewcalculus@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, 19 June 2014 16:20:50 UTC+2, Dirk Van de moortel wrote:
> > John Gabriel <thenewcalculus@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Like you he misses a lot of things.

> > > How about you practise what you preach? Just because you understood
> >
> > > this part does not mean you know everything now! You are wrong about
> >
> > > so many things which you have failed to understand.
> >

> > Take the function f(x) = 1/x.
> >
> > See if you can prove continuity at x=1 with *your* equivalence:
> >
> > For all epsilon > 0, Exist delta > 0,
> >
> > such that for all x:
> >
> > |x-1| < delta <==> |1/x-1| < epsilon

> > Take epsilon = 2.
>
> > Give me that delta,and I'll give you an x that does
> > NOT satisfy the equivalence.

> Sure you are on the right thread?

if it shows how wrong JG's NC is, which it does, then it is in the right
thread
--

Date Subject Author
6/19/14
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
johngabriel2009@gmail.com
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem? JG doesn't know!
Virgil
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Wizard-Of-Oz
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Dirk Van de moortel
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Dirk Van de moortel
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Virgil
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Dirk Van de moortel
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Dirk Van de moortel
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Port563
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Dirk Van de moortel
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
johngabriel2009@gmail.com
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Virgil
6/20/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem? JG doesn't know!
Virgil
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Virgil
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Virgil
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Virgil
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Jeff Hebert
6/19/14
Read Re: The Mean value Theorem in the New Calculus
Jeff Hebert
6/19/14
Read Re: The Mean value Theorem in JG's UNNew UNCalculus
Virgil
6/20/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
hoffman@spectre.com
6/20/14