Topic: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Replies: 29   Last Post: Jun 20, 2014 4:00 PM

johngabriel2009@gmail.com

Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?

On Thursday, June 19, 2014 6:55:55 PM UTC+2, Dirk Van de moortel wrote:
> John Gabriel <thenewcalculus@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Take the function f(x) = 1/x.
>
> >> See if you can prove continuity at x=1 with *your* equivalence:
>
> >> For all epsilon > 0, Exist delta > 0,
>
> >> such that for all x:

> >> Take epsilon = 2.
>
> >> Give me that delta,and I'll give you an x that does
>
> >> NOT satisfy the equivalence.
>

> > Sure you are on the right thread? I think we are discussing the MVT
>
> > here.
>

> > Suggest you post your question on another thread. I played epsilonics
>
> > with you before. It's boring.
>

> Here or nowhere, coward.

You will not have it your way. I have already given you an applet (https://www.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?v=8b6d668e5e5e74baa867) addressing this very topic. It was designed for you.

If you want to debate the topic, post your question or comment at my FB (http://facebook.com/thenewcalculus) link and I will debate it with you.

Date Subject Author
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Virgil
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
johngabriel2009@gmail.com
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem? JG doesn't know!
Virgil
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Wizard-Of-Oz
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Dirk Van de moortel
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Dirk Van de moortel
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Virgil
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Dirk Van de moortel
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Dirk Van de moortel
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Port563
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Dirk Van de moortel
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
johngabriel2009@gmail.com
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Virgil
6/20/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem? JG doesn't know!
Virgil
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Virgil
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Virgil
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Virgil
6/19/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
Jeff Hebert
6/19/14
Read Re: The Mean value Theorem in the New Calculus
Jeff Hebert
6/19/14
Read Re: The Mean value Theorem in JG's UNNew UNCalculus
Virgil
6/20/14
Read Re: 1.39 - What exactly is the Mean value Theorem?
hoffman@spectre.com
6/20/14