Topic: From the Notices of the AMS
Replies: 71   Last Post: Jun 23, 2014 3:56 AM

Bishop, Wayne

Re: From the Notices of the AMS

Bob, you do have a problem but it's not the one(s) described ad
infinitum by GSC or by Lou's cryptic, unsupported, inappropriate but
highly predictable insults. It's wasting 5 minutes of your valuable
time (time that you will never recover) responding to them. I
understand the visceral urge, if that's what it is, but it is
otherwise a pointless exercise. There is another possibility, mine
on occasion. Since I don't play golf or mess with other people's
women, I do consider such diversion to be some time for mental
relaxation. If that is yours, have at it. At least one of the three
is worth reading before deleting.

Wayne

At 04:26 PM 6/19/2014, Robert Hansen wrote:

>On Jun 19, 2014, at 12:08 PM, GS Chandy <chandy.sag@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > You are already writing with utmost clarity and precision that
> cannot be improved upon,
>
>I never said it cannot be improved. I said many times that it was
>improving. What I am saying is that it is by no means too imprecise
>for people to understand, ipso facto, because of the vast number of
>people I converse with who have no problem understanding what I
>write. The reason you two make such a fuss yet don't ask for
>clarification has nothing at all to do with the precision of my
>writing. You simply don't like what I write and you don't think like
>I do. You're educated but you have no instincts. And I wish I had
>better news, but in my experience with people, there is no cure for that.
>
>Here is an example of instincts. I look at all of this and feel that
>society as a whole is governed by a form of entropy that, like
>physical entropy, is unavoidable. You cannot raise the energy of all
>its members all at once. However, there will always be members of
>that society who rise well above the average, and members who fall
>well below. Now, you won't like that model because you are religious
>rather than inquisitive and you base your models on faith rather
>than instincts. There is no way to communicate my models to you
>because without instincts, you will never understand them. In your
>mind, who would ever think such a thing. But I am not *thinking*
>such a thing. I am seeing it instinctively and relaying it to you.
>
>Bob Hansen
>
>------- End of Forwarded Message

------- End of Forwarded Message

Date Subject Author
[...]