Topic: From the Notices of the AMS
Replies: 71   Last Post: Jun 23, 2014 3:56 AM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: From the Notices of the AMS

Robert Hansen (RH) posted Jun 21, 2014 2:23 AM (http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=9495839):

> On Jun 20, 2014, at 9:15 AM, GS Chandy
> <chandy.sag@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > (GSC): I wonder if there are any 'objective
> > criteria' that
> >could enable us to measure levels of 'profundity',
> >'superficiality', etc, etc. I attach herewith a
> >document "Deep Logic" that may be relevant in this
> >context. I shall be happy to explain the model if
> >any such explanation is required.

> (RH, losing it): Objective? You? You have lied to us
> about so many
> details. Not little lies, big lies.

Like "OPMS is just empty list-making, and nothing else!", for instance? That's an excellent example of 'TRUTH-TELLING', by Robert Hansen, HIMSELF (truth-teller non-pareil)!

> I know Indian
> culture is not quite up to ours with regards to
> ethics and openness, but your behavior here with
> regard to the truth has been disgraceful by any
> standard.

Well, if "US culture" has developed its 'standards' of "ethics and openness" as has been demonstrated here by Robert Hansen over his 7000-odd posts at Math-teach, one should only feel sorry for the USA. However, I for one do know that the great majority of US citizens are not Robert Hansen (or 'israeliteknight'), so there surely is some hope for the USA.

> How about this for objective. 5 years ago I
> set out to do two things. Establish my son?s
> educational and when associates ask1 me about
> something educational I don?t even have to convince
> them anymore.

Indeed, HOW about that for objective!!

I'd only suggest that you're in somewhat urgent need of your own recommendation of some (American) English poetry so that you would hopefully learn one day to write something clear, precise and meaningful (in [US] English, which, after all, is your mother-tongue and which also is [IMHO] one of the most powerful and expressive variants of English on earth).

Anyhow and anyway, may I state that I am truly delighted that you were able to establish your "son's educational" (whatever THAT might mean), but I do trust you were able to teach him to write (and think) somewhat less sloppily than you do.

>Too many times what I have said has
> come true that they just take my word for it now.

Oh, wow! Indeed, WOW! And WOW REDUX!!

It's Moses Himself, come down from the the Mount!

Surely the time is upon us that Robert Hansen will take his staff in hand and lead all US citizens into the promised land of ... (clarity and precision in thinking and writing? No, let's leave THAT one aside for the moment.

Let's do other things: like PUSHING and GOADING children to learn math! THAT's the way to go!!)

> Do
> you know what it feels like for people to take your
> word on things? I seriously doubt it.

Alas, no. I only know what it feels like when Robert Hansen along with his hero Haim lies and lies again that "OPMS is just list-making and nothing else!" (Words to that effect)

Not to worry, I'm sure you'll tell all about what it feels like for the world to hang on your words.

So tell us. Just how does "it feels like for people to take your word on things"? I for one would be utterly delighted to know how it feels.

> The other goal
> was to leverage the enormous amount of experience I
> have in IT and CS and establish a consulting
> business. Goal accomplished.

I do sincerely congratulate you for all your truly heroic and wonderful endeavours and accomplishments!

> What have you accomplished in the last 5 years? The
> last 10? The last 20? The last 50?

Nothing, alas. Mainly, I've been twiddling my thumbs, and have now become the most 'expert' twiddler of thumbs this side of the Mississippi.

I HAVE of course managed to get you all hot under collar and seriously riled up because i've 'called you out' on a number of issues here at Math-teach.

And yes, I did manage to construct that model on "Deep Logic".

Other than that, I've perhaps learned to write somewhat more clearly, and with higher precision and expressivenss, than you've managed to do, than you'll ever manage to do. There ARE a couple of other things, but the above will do me just fine for now.

> Never mind. After all of your stories, who would
> believe any answer you provide to those questions.

Well, I'm not too worried about that. As long as I've gotten characters like Robert Hansen (and, perhaps 'israeliteknight' along with him) all hot under the collar and nicely riled up, that'll be fine by me.

By the way, Robert Hansen, it would be most interesting to learn whether you had started 'losing it' as you've demonstrated above because I had claimed that your hero Haim had once humorously commented on some sloppy writing 9and thinking) of yours?

Poor Kitty-Kat, or Fido, or whatever, not to worry about that, I'm sure Haim has the highest possible regard for you as an acolyte of his.

> You and Lou are just going to have to put your heads
> together to figure this all out.

I do assure you that I'm no kind of partnership or joint venture with Lou Talman. Whatever 'figuring' we're doing, we're each doing it on our little ownsy-wonsy.

GSC

------- End of Forwarded Message

Message was edited by: GS Chandy

Date Subject Author
[...]