Topic: Rubi 4.5 released
Replies: 21   Last Post: Jun 29, 2014 4:29 AM

Nasser Abbasi

Re: Rubi 4.5 released

On 6/26/2014 4:47 AM, clicliclic@freenet.de wrote:

> Actually, I didn't mean to split the integrand into sooooo many parts;

Ok, But more parts, means each part is smaller in leaf count. Hence
it should be easier for a CAS to solve, I would have thought. So
in this case, the more parts, the better. One pay extra waiting
time for easier to solve pieces. At least that is what I expected to
happen ;)

> what I had in mind was to separate the 9+9 logarithms into 9 terms of
> 1+1 logarithm (pairing with the corresponding logarithm from the other
> group serves to keep the integral real), with a tenth term formed by the
> non-logarithmic remainder. Thus, my second integral covers the (easy to
> integrate) full remainder, and my third integral the first (relatively
> hard to integrate) logarithm from each group of nine.
>
> Martin.

Will try again and see what I can do.
regards,

--Nasser