Topic: Why do so many of us hate math?
Replies: 174   Last Post: Jul 24, 2014 2:21 AM

Robert Hansen

From: Florida
Registered: 6/22/09
Re: Why do so many of us hate math?

On Jun 28, 2014, at 2:29 PM, GS Chandy <chandy.sag@gmail.com> wrote:

> Not true at all!!
>
> It used to be during the days when I was in school long ago; and for many years till quite recently) that the disciplines of 'choice' were engineering and medicine - that was because the 'best careers' (meaning best paid and/or most secure jobs) were perceived to be in engineering or in medicine.
>
> Things have changed quite considerably of late, and it's 'business management' that's the 'in thing' now, though the competition for seats in engineering/medicine is still pretty fierce.

This came from team India. I?ll bring up your comments when I meet with them next week. But even from your reply it seems to still be pretty much the case. I was wondering what your thoughts are on such a system where the students (in effect) limit themselves to so few options, knowing full well that many will not succeed?

Bob Hansen

------- End of Forwarded Message

Date Subject Author
Anna Roys