Topic: Why do so many of us hate math?
Replies: 174   Last Post: Jul 24, 2014 2:21 AM

Robert Hansen

From: Florida
Registered: 6/22/09
Re: Why do so many of us hate math?

On Jun 29, 2014, at 11:55 AM, GS Chandy <chandy.sag@gmail.com> wrote:

> Your last sentence is factually incorrect (in regard to the number of options available). There is indeed a fair degree of choice here for our students. Check out, for instance, any of the 'career pages' that regularly run in our newspapers. Doubtless the range of choice is nothing like it is in the USA.

Hold on, reread what I wrote. I am not saying that there are not *technically* other options, but if the culture is such that the parents persuade/coerce/force their children to choose from only a few options, then *in reality* they have only a few options. As I said, team India relayed this to me, several times. In fact, we were talking about it just last week. You said that things have started to change very recently. That may very well be the case. I was going to bring it up this week at work.

> B: A minor contradiction in your ideas:
> ======
> I do also wonder how come you are so interested in my thoughts though you were very recently demanding that I should be banned from this list for committing just the cardinal 'sin' of expressing these very thoughts.

It was for spamming, not thinking. I say we drop it and let the forum enjoy its back-on-track direction it has taken.

Bob Hansen

------- End of Forwarded Message

Date Subject Author
Anna Roys