Topic: Why do so many of us hate math?
Replies: 174   Last Post: Jul 24, 2014 2:21 AM

Robert Hansen

From: Florida
Registered: 6/22/09
Re: Why do so many of us hate math?

You're not getting any argument from me that polyrhythm is complicated, nor that musical cultures have an effect on the ears of the musicians in those musical cultures. I am sure I missed the point a lot. We are using the word appreciation differently I think. I mean, if I set out to tackle polyrhythm and you set out to tackle polyrhythm and assuming we both tackled it, and then we compared notes, our notes would have many similarities and we would have been doing similar activities, however we choose to label them.

Bob Hansen

> On Jul 1, 2014, at 12:19 PM, "Joe Niederberger" <niederberger@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> Thanks for playing the game. Saying its 3/4 or 6/8 or even the more (by today's) standard 12/8 is missing the point a bit.

Date Subject Author
Anna Roys
GS Chandy
GS Chandy