Topic: Why do so many of us hate math?
Replies: 174   Last Post: Jul 24, 2014 2:21 AM

Joe Niederberger

Re: Why do so many of us hate math?

> On Jul 1, 2014, at 12:20 PM, "Joe Niederberger" <niederberger@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> You won't really, really "get" that standard bell pattern

R Hansen says:
>Can you mention a particular time in the track?

I was referring to the clips:
http://www.unlockingclave.com/standard-pattern-animation.html
or
http://zumu.com/niederberger/MP3s/Fancy%20Bell%20%26%20Shake.mp3

You'll hear a slight variation on that right at 1:44 (where the orchestra commences) on the Afro Blue youtube and then very strong at the outro to the piece starting around 7:33.

Learn to to clap the bell pattern while tapping 4 your feet. You'll be on your way to appreciating Afro-Cuban music on a new level, and who knows, maybe even performing...

My point on this whole example is the primacy of "recog" (appreciation.) It has to precede performance.

Cheers,
Joe N

Date Subject Author
Anna Roys