Topic: Why do so many of us hate math?
Replies: 174   Last Post: Jul 24, 2014 2:21 AM

Robert Hansen

From: Florida
Registered: 6/22/09
Re: Why do so many of us hate math?

On Jul 5, 2014, at 2:03 AM, GS Chandy <chandy.sag@gmail.com> wrote:

> Fair enough. But:
>>>
>>> (RH): However, mathematics is universal, yet when you
>>> compare the music of different cultures, the
>>> differences indicate that music acts more like language
>>> than it acts like mathematics.

> What, if anything, does that mean?
>
> If it does in fact mean something, where did that come from?

Mathematics spreads throughout the world to other mathematicians at ease, instantly, and thus doesn?t have a strong cultural dependence. Music on the other hand doesn?t spread this way and thus does have a strong cultural dependence, like language.

It came from my acute awareness of things and my ability to think formally.

Bob Hansen

Date Subject Author
Anna Roys
GS Chandy