Topic: *** CRANK ALERT ***
Replies: 23   Last Post: Jul 10, 2014 10:00 PM

SPQR

Re: 1.93 - Did anyone understand what Euclid had to say about number before John Gabriel?

In article <24021e76-aa1e-4ce7-b1b4-17bf6aa28298@googlegroups.com>,
"Tim Golden BandTech.com" <timgolden@bandtechnology.com> wrote:

> On Sunday, July 6, 2014 7:55:52 AM UTC-4, John Gabriel wrote:
> > A unit is the result of a ratio where the magnitudes are equal, that is,
> > x:x, y:y, u:u, etc.
> >

> > This was a quantum leap in the development of number. From the abstraction
> > of the unit, one now has a standard of measurement.

> This is a false statement.

Most of John Gabriel's statements are!

Date Subject Author
7/6/14
Read *** CRANK ALERT ***
Dan Christensen
7/6/14
Read wTf is new about THAT
Brian Q. Hutchings
7/6/14
Read Re: 1.93 - Did anyone understand what Euclid had to say about number
before John Gabriel?
Tim Golden BandTech.com
7/6/14
Read he just hates shakESpear, and I'm just hiding behind the grammrian(s
Brian Q. Hutchings
7/6/14
Read Re: 1.93 - Did anyone understand what Euclid had to say about number before John Gabriel?
Casual Observer
7/7/14
[...]
PianoMan
7/7/14
Read Re: 1.93 - Did anyone understand what Euclid had to say about number before John Gabriel?
Casual Observer
7/7/14
Read raNOUtoFAbAr
Brian Q. Hutchings
7/8/14
Read Re: 1.93 - Did anyone understand what Euclid had to say about number
before John Gabriel?
John Gabriel
7/8/14
Read Re: 1.93 - Did anyone understand what Euclid had to say about number
before John Gabriel?
Dan Christensen
7/8/14
Read Re: 1.93 - Did anyone understand what Euclid had to say about number
before John Gabriel?
John Gabriel
7/8/14
Read Re: 1.93 - Did anyone understand what Euclid had to say about number
before John Gabriel?
Brian Q. Hutchings
7/10/14
Read why did the untamed jungle fowl cross the iway
Brian Q. Hutchings