Topic: *** CRANK ALERT ***
Replies: 23   Last Post: Jul 10, 2014 10:00 PM

Casual Observer

Re: 1.93 - Did anyone understand what Euclid had to say about number before John Gabriel?

"John Gabriel" <thenewcalculus@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Monday, 7 July 2014 06:34:24 UTC+2, Casual Observer wrote:
>> "John Gabriel" <thenewcalculus@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > At my age, attitudes don't change easily. Heard that saying "A leopard
>>
>> > cannot change its spots?"
>>

>> > Think about what I say, not the attitude in which you perceive it has
>> > been

>> > said. That's the important thing. Chances we are going to meet for a
>> > drink

>> > are close to zero, so you won't have to worry about my addertude. Get
>> > what

>> > I mean? :-)
>>

>> Why are you not paid top dollar any more John? Why are you not still
>> working
>>
>> in software enginering? Why did management decide not to retain your
>>
>> services?

> I think you know the answer to that. :-)

No actually I was retained many times subject to minor adjustments when I
was younger.

> Could it be that most organisations today don't care about how well you do
> a job, but rather how well you fit into the organisational culture?
>
> Could it be that most software departments are run by incompetent
> nincompoops called managers, project and team leaders?

Well in that case I would have thought that someone of your intelect would
have started your own company by now.

At the height of my career I was earning um well enough to be comfortable
now.
But I don't feel a need to tell that to anyone else.

Why do you feel a need to tell the world that you were earning whatever you
were earning?

My skills are still whatever they were and I don't see a need to tell the
world what my skills were. Why do you?

> I am sure you have read Ayn Rand if you are American. I am John Galt. At
> the height of my career I was earning over $1000 per day. Most of you will
> never see that kind of money in 100 years.
>
> My skills are still very much up to date and now I write software only
> when I need to.

Date Subject Author
7/6/14
Read *** CRANK ALERT ***
Dan Christensen
7/6/14
Read wTf is new about THAT
Brian Q. Hutchings
7/6/14
Read Re: 1.93 - Did anyone understand what Euclid had to say about number
before John Gabriel?
Tim Golden BandTech.com
7/6/14
Read he just hates shakESpear, and I'm just hiding behind the grammrian(s
Brian Q. Hutchings
7/6/14
Read Re: 1.93 - Did anyone understand what Euclid had to say about number before John Gabriel?
Casual Observer
7/7/14
Read Re: 1.93 - Did anyone understand what Euclid had to say about number before John Gabriel?
Casual Observer
7/7/14
Read Re: 1.93 - Did anyone understand what Euclid had to say about number before John Gabriel?
Casual Observer
7/7/14
Read Re: 1.93 - Did anyone understand what Euclid had to say about number before John Gabriel?
Casual Observer
7/7/14
Read Re: 1.93 - Did anyone understand what Euclid had to say about number before John Gabriel?
Casual Observer
7/6/14
Read Re: 1.93 - Did anyone understand what Euclid had to say about number before John Gabriel?
SPQR
7/7/14
Read Re: 1.93 - Did anyone understand what Euclid had to say about number before John Gabriel?
PianoMan
7/7/14
Read Re: 1.93 - Did anyone understand what Euclid had to say about number before John Gabriel?
Casual Observer
7/7/14
Read raNOUtoFAbAr
Brian Q. Hutchings
7/8/14
Read Re: 1.93 - Did anyone understand what Euclid had to say about number
before John Gabriel?
John Gabriel
7/8/14
Read Re: 1.93 - Did anyone understand what Euclid had to say about number
before John Gabriel?
Dan Christensen
7/8/14
Read Re: 1.93 - Did anyone understand what Euclid had to say about number
before John Gabriel?
John Gabriel
7/8/14
Read Re: 1.93 - Did anyone understand what Euclid had to say about number
before John Gabriel?
Brian Q. Hutchings
7/10/14
Read why did the untamed jungle fowl cross the iway
Brian Q. Hutchings