Topic: Why do so many of us hate math?
Replies: 174   Last Post: Jul 24, 2014 2:21 AM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Why do so many of us hate math?

Wayne Bishop posted Jul 7, 2014 5:21 AM (http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=9512353):

<snip>
> ... nationally. California had made great progress
> along that line
> (resisted at every turn by GSC's beloved Education
> Mafia) but the
> whole effort has been trumped statewide and
> nationally by people with
> all mathematics background but deep industry
> tentacles.

Do kindly justify, if you're able to, how you apply the adjectival phrase "GSC's beloved" to Haim's famous 'Educational Mafia'.

As we're here now, do please suggest what, in your opinion, does GSC feel for your famous 'schools of education' that you so desire to "BLOW UP!"

Allow me to suggest that - with all the efforts put forth by Haim and you and your 'beloved' Reid Lyon and your cohorts and consorts - all you've ever achieved, in practice on the ground, has in fact served only to support and strengthen the 'Educational Mafia' in their practices and the unhealthy characteristics of the 'schools of education' that you rail against. All that sloganeering - and the 'Educational Mafia' and the 'schools of education' have not been in the least weakened so far as can be seen.

We might therefore quite justifiably claim that the multifarious crookeries that undoubtedly do flourish in the education system (as they do in every societal system), the unhealthy educational practices in the 'schools of education' - all of these are in reality strongly supported by Haim, yourself and your cohorts and consorts.

GSC
("Still Shoveling!")

Message was edited by: GS Chandy

Date Subject Author