Topic: Why do so many of us hate math?
Replies: 174   Last Post: Jul 24, 2014 2:21 AM

Wayne Bishop

Re: Why do so many of us hate math?

At 09:02 AM 7/7/2014, Robert Hansen wrote:

>All of the successful teachers and learners to date, including
>several on this forum, including myself, have succeeded at learning,
>at understanding and at teaching others, without knowing the
>mechanics of the mind, which no one yet knows.
>
>Fortunately, pedagogy (the activity) is simple, when we are teaching
>inherently interested and able students, and doesn't require us to
>know any of those details.

And it is delightful when that happens. Many times - even most of
the times - we are not so privileged. Still we can't give up our
mammalian responsibility (among many species, instinctive, to train
our young to survive - even thrive - in their environments and
sometimes that requires a bit of pushing. It makes for entertaining
National Geographic shows; maybe we could get them to do some math classes?

Wayne

Date Subject Author
Anna Roys
GS Chandy