Topic: Why do so many of us hate math?
Replies: 174   Last Post: Jul 24, 2014 2:21 AM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Why do so many of us hate math?

'israeliteknight' posted Jul 9, 2014 6:01 PM (http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=9514207) - GSC's remarks interspersed:

>> (GSC): "I have suggested that our educational systems >>(both
>> in the USA and in India) are in a real mess - and
>> that the 'stakeholders in the system' don't have a
>> clue about how to 'clear up' that mess. (Again, my
>> apologies for using that much-disliked term
>> "stakeholders" - I'm unable to find another suitable
>> one that 'encompasses' the group I need to describe).

> "
>
> ('israeliteknight'): You're comparing a train wreck to > our attempt to fine
> tune a Boeing 777 which is actually flying at almost
> the speed of sound.

Ah, so you're comparing yourself, 'israeliteknight' to a "finely-tuned Boeing 777 which is actually flying at almost the speed of sound"?? You've not yet broken the sound barrier?

Remarkable, indeed!

So what did you say your own personal 'IQ' is, 'israeliteknight', relative to that of Barack Obama (who, by the way, happens to be POTUS of that "finely-tuned Boeing 777 which is actually flying at almost the speed of sound"?

If you wish to carry the metaphor further, 'israeliteknight', Barack Obama may be regarded as the 'pilot', so to speak, of that "finely-tuned Boeing 777 which is actually flying at almost the speed of sound"! (I really don't understand how come it hasn't yet broken the sound barrier, considering that 'israeliteknight' is HIMSELF a passenger on that "finely-tuned Boeing 777").

I note that at israeliteknight's fatuous website "The Christian Party: Father's Manifesto" (http://fathersmanifesto.net/), he had graciously granted Barack Obama an 'IQ' of 72 or something of that level!

So, 'israeliteknight', just what DID you say your 'personal IQ' is - relative to that of your President, Mr Barack Obama?

Oh, you DIDN'T say?

Feeling a trifle nervous, are we, 'israeliteknight'?

GSC
("Still Shoveling!")
The rest of israeliteknight's 'high-IQ' post follows, for the laughs it could provide. But the best laughs of all will be from that website "The Christian Party: Father's Manifesto" (http://fathersmanifesto.net/) - this is GUARANTEED!

> ('israeliteknight'): There's nothing either country
> can learn from such a comparison. Even if anybody in
> India ever thought OPMS could gain a 1 point increase
> in your PISA math score, from 321 to 322 (still 5
> points lower than Kyrgyzstan), the odds are less than
> zero that it could be applicable to any country with
> a score 2 standard deviations higher, like the US,
> much less a school system which scores 3 standard
> deviations higher, like Shanghai.
>
> It certainly could make perfect sense to you in India
> to try this. And it might even make sense to the 80%
> who apply to CUNY who are illiterate, or the 99% in
> Highland Park who are illiterate, but the ROW already
> knows that if we ever were to adopt it, it would be
> even worse than NCLB.

Date Subject Author
Anna Roys
GS Chandy