Topic: Why do so many of us hate math?
Replies: 174   Last Post: Jul 24, 2014 2:21 AM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Why do so many of us hate math?

'israeliteknight' posted Jul 10, 2014 5:14 PM (http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=9514976):
>> (GSC): "Things in the US educational system are
>> apparently
>>rather more dire than I had previously realised)."
>>

> ('israeliteknight'): What we know about the way PISA
> scores their math
> test is that if a student who knew nothing about math

<snip>
What we do not know now (and will for sure NEVER know) is just how Mr 'israeliteknight' has scored in the past or will score in the future in any PISA or 'IQ' test.

In particular, we will never know how Mr 'israeliteknight' scores against Mr Barack Obama.

As anyone who had looked at Mr 'israeliteknight's fatuous website "THE CHRISTIAN PARTY: Father's Manifesto" (http://fathersmanifesto.net/) would have seen, Mr 'israeliteknight' had graciously granted Mr Barack Obama, POTUS, an 'IQ' of 72 or thereabouts.

It's clear to any scientist that the whole concept of 'IQ' is profoundly non-science at its very core for at least dozens of reasons: it is plain and simple idiocy - probably is the most utter nonsense, except of course to characters like 'israeliteknight' and his gurus (Richard Lynn, Tatu Vanhanen, and others such).

For those who may wish to amuse themselves with the nonsense propounded by Lynn and Vanhanen, here is a link to a Wikipedia article about them and their magnum opus, "IQ and the Wealth of Nations". Plenty of references are available there, and anyone with a minimum amount of intelligence should be able to understand that this is all bumph and nonsense.

The fact that 'israeliteknight' has elevated Richard Lynn to be his guru of gurus surely tells us something about israeliteknight's real intelligence. (But funnier yet by far is israeliteknight's own wonderful website, "The Official Father's Manifesto" [http://fathersmanifesto.net/] - it's a laugh riot, this I guarantee).

GSC
("Still Shoveling!")

Date Subject Author
Anna Roys