The Math Forum

Topic: § 534 Finis
Replies: 30   Last Post: Feb 22, 2015 8:14 AM

Virgil

Re: � 534 Finis

In article <a9bf973d-546a-4daa-b9f4-c2c1ee5a86e8@googlegroups.com>,
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de wrote:

> On Wednesday, 6 August 2014 17:15:26 UTC+2, Zeit Geist wrote:
> > On Wednesday, August 6, 2014 6:49:59 AM UTC-7, muec...@rz.fh-augsburg.de
> > wrote:
> >

> > > Up to every desired n and q_n. Alas they belong to a finite initial
> > > segment. Infinitely many follow. The infinite is never completed.

> > You try to Show a Contradiction in Set Theory

> I have shown a contradiction between set theory and mathematics.

WM has only shown conflicts between set theory and WM's worthless
world of WMytheology. But as no one but WM ever uses WMytheology , WM
is the onyone ever upset by it.

Between standard set theories like ZF or ZFC and standard mathematics
(free of any WMytheology) there is no such conflict at all.

That WM pretends that his own wild weird wacky worthless world of
WMytheology really is proper mathematics does not make it so.

> > so you take True Statements and Mix them with False Statements. In Set
> > Theory, there does Not Exist any Infinite Sets that are Not "Complete".
> > There simply ARE Infinite Sets. We Understand that you do Not like this
> > Concept, but it is No way in Contradiction with the Other Axioms. You are
> > free to Use a System with No Infinite Sets.

> Set theorists cannot be convinced by me

Mathemtaicians, whether nfintists or finitists, cannot be convinced by
WM's claims because so many of his claims are false in both worlds.

> Uncountability is a consequence of completeness of countable sets.

It is a conequnce of the "completeness" of all sets.
A set does not exist without an unambigous criterion for membership in
it. WM's abiguous creations whose membership criteria are intentionally
vague do not qualify. er

> Many set
> theorists don't like to know that in set theory infinity sets have to be
> complete.

Just of unambiguous membership. If ever one cannot tell whether some
well-defined x is a member of y or not then y is not a set.
--
Virgil
"Mit der Dummheit kampfen Gotter selbst vergebens." (Schiller)