Topic: 2.57 - There is no such thing as an instantaneous rate.
Replies: 22   Last Post: Aug 18, 2014 6:44 PM

Andy C

Re: 2.57 - There is no such thing as an instantaneous rate.

>"John Gabriel" <thenewcalculus@gmail.com> wrote in message

The following link is typical of most shit that you will find on the
internet:

>http://www2.bc.cc.ca.us/resperic/math6a/Lectures/ch2/2/TheDerivative.htm

>What you have are highly stupid academics spewing out their filthy
>ignorance.

>I'll address some of the rot:

>"This is the instantaneous rate of change of f. As h becomes smaller, the
>average rate of change approaches the instantaneous rate of change."

>Chuckle. It's just the slope of the tangent line to f at x. Nothing
>"instantaneous". I gave the local morons several problems but they were
>unable to answer any of them.

>"Geometrically, this is the slope of the tangent line to the graph of f at
>x."

>Indeed. And nothing instantaneous about it.

>"As x changes from x to x+h, the "change in x" is h, written Delta x = h."

>I think the moron who compiled the web page meant as x changes from x+h to
>x. It still doesn't change the fact that he or she is wrong. In fact, x is
>NOT changing at any instant. Since f(x) is given by a predetermined
>function for all x, nothing ever changes.

>This bullshit came to pass because old Newton did not know what he was
>doing. Modern morons cannot understand that Newton was using a kludgy
>approach in finding the slope of a special straight line/tangent object.

>And what would this comment be, without an applet for highly stupid
>academics?

>https://www.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?v=8b6d6a8c5e606d77b2

>Don't allow morons to think for you!

>Comments are NOT welcome and will receive no response. This comment is
>produced in the interests of public education; and to eradicate ignorance
>and stupidity from mainstream mythmatics.

Please see a mental health professional as soon as possible.
This comment is produced in the interests of public education; and to
encourage John Gabriel to get the mental health treatment he needs.

Date Subject Author
8/12/14
Read Re: 2.57 - There is no such thing as an instantaneous rate.
Andy C
8/12/14
Read Re: 2.57 - There is no such thing as an instantaneous rate.
Dr Fromage
8/12/14
Read Re: 2.57 - There is no such thing as an instantaneous rate.
Dr Fromage
8/12/14
Read Re: 2.57 - There is no such thing as an instantaneous rate.
Andy C
8/13/14
Read Re: 2.57 - There is no such thing as an instantaneous rate.
Dr Fromage
8/13/14
Read Re: 2.57 - There is no such thing as an instantaneous rate.
Andy C
8/13/14
Read Re: 2.57 - There is no such thing as an instantaneous rate.
Freda
8/13/14
Read Re: 2.57 - There is no such thing as an instantaneous rate.
Andy C
8/14/14
Read Re: 2.57 - There is no such thing as an instantaneous rate.
Dr Fromage
8/14/14
Read Re: 2.57 - There is no such thing as an instantaneous rate.
Andy C
8/12/14
Read Re: 2.57 - There is no such thing as an instantaneous rate.
Dan Christensen
8/12/14
Read Re: 2.57 - There is no such thing as an instantaneous rate.
Brian Q. Hutchings
8/12/14
Read Re: 2.57 - There is no such thing as an instantaneous rate.
PianoMan
8/12/14
Read Re: 2.57 - There is no such thing as an instantaneous rate.
Dan Christensen
8/13/14
Read Re: 2.57 - There is no such thing as an instantaneous rate.
Dan Christensen
8/13/14
Read Re: 2.57 - There is no such thing as an instantaneous rate.
Dan Christensen
8/13/14
Read Re: 2.57 - There is no such thing as an instantaneous rate.
Freda
8/16/14
Read Re: 2.57 - There is no such thing as an instantaneous rate.
Dr Fromage
8/18/14
Read Re: 2.57 - There is no such thing as an instantaneous rate.
Scott Berg