Topic: § 534 Finis
Replies: 8   Last Post: Aug 14, 2014 1:33 PM

Ben Bacarisse

Re: § 534 Finis

mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de writes:

> On Wednesday, 13 August 2014 00:53:41 UTC+2, Ben Bacarisse wrote:
>

>> > Could you please let us know what in the proof of § 533 deviates from
>> > classical mathematics or at least mathematics as you understand it?

Why did you not answer the point I raised, having invited it in the
first place? Is it because you can't? Your post "deviates from
classical mathematics" by not making use of the fact that

exists x c Q+: not(x c image(b))

is false as a direct consequence of facts you have already agreed to.
Why pretend to care what people think, when you have no intention of
answering the tough questions?

>> As I've said before, I have not problem with the theorem
>> in 533.

> Because you don't understand its implications: All natural numbers are
> shown to leave infinitely many rationals without index in Cantor's
> asserted complete bijection.

How curious that you can't write that out as a theorem, but instead have
to imply it:

"Everybody may impartially examine himself whether he is willing to
believe that nevertheless all rational numbers can be enumerated."

Why did you not prove the theorem that you really want: all rationals
can not be enumerated? That's easy to answer: because you can't write
it out without letting people know what you mean (or, possibly, because
you can't write it out at all). You have to prove a rather trivial
theorem instead, and invite people to speculate on the implications
where in fact there are none.

--
Ben.