Topic: 2.57 - There is no such thing as an instantaneous rate.
Replies: 4   Last Post: Aug 14, 2014 1:51 PM

Dan Christensen

Re: 2.57 - There is no such thing as an instantaneous rate.

**** TROLL ALERT ****

On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 1:22:40 PM UTC-4, John Gabriel wrote:
> The following link is typical of most shit that you will find on the internet:

Poor, desperate John Gabriel. Unable to win the debate, he is reduced to mindlessly repeating himself word-for-word over and over again. It would be sad were it not for following:

"I will point out a few facts about Hitler that most of you arrogant idiots didn't know or refused to acknowledge because your Jewish overlords do not allow you...

"Unfortunately, Hitler's henchmen got the wrong Jews...

"It would be a very good idea to round up all the academic idiots, gas them and incinerate the useless lot. Only those that pass John Gabriel's exam should be allowed to live."

-- John Gabriel, July 13, 2014

"I abolished 'if and only if' definitions because they are stupid!"
-- John Gabriel, August 7, 2014

John Gabriel's Wacky New Calculus is also deeply flawed. In his system:

1. He rejects the basic rules of logic.

2. He cannot prove something as simple as 2+2 = 4.

3. There are no irrational numbers, so the distance between (0, 0) and (1, 1), for example, is undefined.

4. There is no such thing as instantaneous speed. (As such, he doesn't know what to make of speedometers on cars that actually show your instantaneous speed. Another Jewish conspiracy, JG?)

5. Having abolished 'if and only if' definitions, he cannot define what he means by a differentiable function. He cannot even define what he means by the set of even numbers!

Dan