Topic: Attention: Please read this if you are new to sci.math.
Replies: 1   Last Post: Aug 18, 2014 3:28 PM

Dan Christensen

Re: Attention: Please read this if you are new to sci.math.

On Sunday, August 17, 2014 2:01:59 PM UTC-4, John Gabriel wrote:
> The local trolls and cranks on this forum are trying to camouflage my real comments by inserting a lot of rubbish that from the title appears to be authentic.
>

> Note that my comments are posted with x.xx preceding the title. Also note that the trolls are inserting many fake comments. They have increased their aliases and also their trolling activity has more than tripled.
>

> They are furious because they have failed to prevent me commenting on this forum. In fact, the losers cannot even acquire 20 real names for my list

Since 1982, John Gabriel has managed to fool perhaps no more one person (if that) into supporting his Wacky New Calculus. No need to wonder why.

More of John Gabriel's musings:

"I will point out a few facts about Hitler that most of you arrogant idiots didn't know or refused to acknowledge because your Jewish overlords do not allow you...

"Unfortunately, Hitler's henchmen got the wrong Jews...

"It would be a very good idea to round up all the academic idiots, gas them and incinerate the useless lot. Only those that pass John Gabriel's exam should be allowed to live."

-- John Gabriel, July 13, 2014

"I abolished 'if and only if' definitions because they are stupid!"
-- John Gabriel, August 7, 2014

More on John Gabriel's Wacky New Calculus. In his system:

1. He rejects the basic rules of logic.

2. He cannot prove something as simple as 2+2 = 4.

3. There are no irrational numbers, so the distance between (0, 0) and (1, 1), for example, is undefined.

4. There is no such thing as instantaneous speed. (As such, he doesn't know what to make of speedometers on cars that actually show your instantaneous speed. Another "Jewish conspiracy," JG?)

5. Having abolished 'if and only if' definitions, he cannot define what he means by a differentiable function. He cannot even define what he means by the set of even numbers!

Dan