The Math Forum

Topic: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
Replies: 20   Last Post: Sep 5, 2014 4:14 AM

plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com

new Conjecture Primes the sum or subtraction of two perfect squares
Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv

On Wednesday, August 27, 2014 1:16:50 PM UTC-5, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
> Found the Euler formula:
>

> F(n) = n^2 + n + 41 which is good for integers from 0 to 39 for a long string of primes:

Alright, I am not getting anywhere with this, and said at the beginning it is unlikely that having an infinity borderline makes any changes to the status that primes have no orderly rule.

However, let me change course here and pit the primes with perfect-squares in another Goldbach type relationship:

Conjecture: Every prime number is the sum or subtraction of two perfect-squares.

Let me start the list:

1+1 = 2
4-1 = 3
9-4 = 5
16-9 = 7
36-25 = 11
9+4 =13

It appears I can keep on going for all the primes.

Now if I can, what would be a proof? Would it utilize anything used in the proof of Goldbach or would I have to start stone cold with nothing?

AP

Date Subject Author
8/7/14
Read professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/9/14
Read Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/12/14
Read Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/14/14
Read Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/16/14
Read Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/20/14
Read Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/27/14
Read Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/27/14
Read Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/27/14
Read Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/27/14
Read you tdo trivial better than any thing
Brian Q. Hutchings
9/4/14
Read new Conjecture Primes the sum or subtraction of two perfect squares
Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/4/14
Read Re: new Conjecture Primes the sum or subtraction of two perfect
squares #2019 Correcting Math
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/4/14
Read Re: new Conjecture Primes the sum or subtraction of two perfect
squares #2020 Correcting Math
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/4/14
Read Re: new Conjecture Primes the sum or subtraction of two perfect squares
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/4/14
Read Re: new Conjecture Primes the sum or subtraction of two perfect squares
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/5/14
Read 439 and does it have perfect squares? Re: new Conjecture Primes the
sum or subtraction of two perfect squares
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/5/14
Read conjecture still holding up Re: new Conjecture Primes the sum or
subtraction of two perfect squares
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/5/14
Read Starting to piece together of proof of this Conjecture-- add or
subtract two perfect squares yields all the primes
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/5/14
Read Proof of the Conjecture-- subtract two perfect squares yields all the
primes beyond 3 #2020 Correcting Math
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/4/14
Read Re: new Conjecture Primes the sum or subtraction of two perfect squares
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/16/14
Read Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
Dan Christensen