The Math Forum

Topic: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
Replies: 20   Last Post: Sep 5, 2014 4:14 AM

plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com

Re: new Conjecture Primes the sum or subtraction of two perfect
squares #2020 Correcting Math

On Thursday, September 4, 2014 3:57:51 AM UTC-5, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
> Perhaps I should not give up so quickly that the primes have no general formula that delivers all primes.

(snipped)

> > 1+1 = 2
>

> > 4-1 = 3
>

> > 9-4 = 5
>

> > 16-9 = 7
>

> > 36-25 = 11
>

> > 9+4 =13

Alright, the conjecture looks to be true, in that I have not found any counterexample.

The 10th prime is 29 and the 10th perfect-square is 100

Now, how far out do I need to go to find the first and perhaps only 29 = p-sq_1 + or - p-sq_2

Well it happens that 225-196 = 29

However, 29 = 25 +4

So I need to discard the idea of 1-1 correspondence because it is somewhat clear that we have a sort of oscillation like a trig function of add or subtract. Perhaps even a harmonic oscillation.

Now it is clearly known that the primes are more abundant than the perfect-squares because we have to go to 100 for the 10th perfect square yet only 29 for the 10th prime. So I can forget or discard the idea of 1-1 correspondence of prime to perfect square.

Now the subtraction appears to give me many primes, but does the addition give me as many?

AP

Date Subject Author
8/7/14
Read professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/9/14
Read Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/12/14
Read Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/14/14
Read Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/16/14
Read Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/20/14
Read Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/27/14
Read Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/27/14
Read Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/27/14
Read Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/27/14
Read you tdo trivial better than any thing
Brian Q. Hutchings
9/4/14
Read new Conjecture Primes the sum or subtraction of two perfect squares
Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/4/14
Read Re: new Conjecture Primes the sum or subtraction of two perfect
squares #2019 Correcting Math
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/4/14
Read Re: new Conjecture Primes the sum or subtraction of two perfect
squares #2020 Correcting Math
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/4/14
Read Re: new Conjecture Primes the sum or subtraction of two perfect squares
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/4/14
Read Re: new Conjecture Primes the sum or subtraction of two perfect squares
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/5/14
Read 439 and does it have perfect squares? Re: new Conjecture Primes the
sum or subtraction of two perfect squares
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/5/14
Read conjecture still holding up Re: new Conjecture Primes the sum or
subtraction of two perfect squares
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/5/14
Read Starting to piece together of proof of this Conjecture-- add or
subtract two perfect squares yields all the primes
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/5/14
Read Proof of the Conjecture-- subtract two perfect squares yields all the
primes beyond 3 #2020 Correcting Math
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/4/14
Read Re: new Conjecture Primes the sum or subtraction of two perfect squares
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/16/14
Read Re: professors of Stanford endorsing proof of Goldbach to arxiv
Dan Christensen