The Math Forum

Topic: save figures without displaying
Replies: 28   Last Post: Feb 24, 2015 4:36 PM

Joe

Re: save figures without displaying

"Yuri Geshelin" wrote in message <maqm3a$bt9$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Marco" <MATLABnewsgroup@mobildata.de> wrote in message <manpb6$pqi$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > "Yuri Geshelin" wrote in message <maimo5$cb$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > > Confirmed: 'CreateFcn' doesn't work in MATLAB R2014b either. So unless Eric and Marco post the set of commands they used, I will assume that they are mistaken.
> >
> > I simply used the following code with in Win7Pro-64bit, R2014b with Image Processing Toolbox. All the best! Marco.
> >
> > h_MyFigure = figure;
> > set(h_MyFigure,'Visible','off');
> >
> > MY CODE HERE, i.e. SIMPLY: imshow(I);
> >
> > set(h_MyFigure,'CreateFcn','set(gcf,''Visible'',''on'')');
> > saveas(h_MyFigure,myfilename,'fig');
> > close(h_MyFigure);

> Thanks Marco. Still not sure why it doesn't work for me, but it's not important, because ResizeFCn works.

I tried the 'CreateFcn' approach and this worked for me, including the complicated subplots. I am using R2014b. Thanks everyone for your testing!

Date Subject Author
4/14/11
Read save figures without displaying
Oliver
4/14/11
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Grzegorz
4/14/11
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Oliver
4/14/11
Read Re: save figures without displaying
John
4/14/11
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Grzegorz
4/14/11
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Yuri Geshelin
4/19/11
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Oliver Woodford
4/20/11
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Yuri Geshelin
10/30/12
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Lisa Thierbach
12/13/12
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Tor Inge Birkenes
12/13/12
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Steven Lord
12/13/12
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Yuri Geshelin
12/14/12
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Tor Inge Birkenes
12/13/12
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Yuri Geshelin
11/1/13
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Julian
11/22/13
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Bo Zhang
2/11/14
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Benjamin
8/29/14
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Joe
9/2/14
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Joe
1/29/15
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Erik
1/29/15
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Yuri Geshelin
1/30/15
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Erik
1/30/15
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Yuri Geshelin
1/30/15
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Marco
1/30/15
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Yuri Geshelin
1/31/15
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Yuri Geshelin
2/2/15
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Marco
2/3/15
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Yuri Geshelin
2/24/15