Date: Sep 6, 2017 6:04 PM
Author: conway
Subject: Re: 0 = 1

Karl

Hi...I don't believe so. Firstly...I've never seen a time line of any kind involving integers(negatives). Secondly...the expression (1 + (-1)) can be graphed. Graphs are number lines.....sometimes used to represent "time" lines. In any case when I graph the given equation I for a FACT land on the SPACE of 0. Therefore 0 has SPACE, and its space is equivalent to 1.

Bill

I never used the word gap. I only used the word space

Jens

Clearly you jest.....if then you agree with the op.....consider multiplication by zero as space or multiplication by zero as value. The two operations yield different sums....that is the grandeur.

Message was edited by: conway