Date: Sep 7, 2017 11:26 AM
Author: Dan Christensen
Subject: Re: 0 = 1

On Thursday, September 7, 2017 at 10:40:13 AM UTC-4, conway wrote:

> Dan
>

> Care to explain?

If you can obtain 0=1 in your system, there is clearly something wrong with it and you must fix it.

Example from my own experience: In an early test version of my DC Proof program, I was able to "prove" that every set was an empty set. Now, I didn't pretend that I had discovered some great truth about set theory and go on some crazy crusade to bring down the mathematical establishment. I fixed the problem -- a subtle error in my Subset Axiom.

Dan