Date: Sep 7, 2017 2:57 PM
Author: Dan Christensen
Subject: Re: 0 = 1

On Thursday, September 7, 2017 at 1:50:13 PM UTC-4, conway wrote:
> Dan
>

> If you had read....if you had understood....you would have known that I made the point that only a "piece" of zero is equal to one.

That's were really seem to lose it, Conway.

> As a number they are NOT equal. The title is "truthful". And there is NOT a contradiction.....again...
>

> 0(as a number) is NOT = 1 (as a number)
> 0(as space) = 1 (as space)

No amount of hand waving will convince knowledgeable people that 0=1. And none are particularly troubled by the fact that there is no solution to 0x=1. They understand that 1/x increases without limit as x tends to 0 from the right, and that it is undefined when x=0. They also understand that 1/x decreases without limit as x tends to 0 from the left. And it has nothing to do with your supposed solutions to 0x=1.

> You need to at least be fair here. You constantly spout off retorts without actually grasping what it is that I have said.

Seeing your end results, I am not particularly motivated to untangle your twisted logic -- an informal garble of symbols that looks only vaguely mathematical. You have also ignored requests to formalize your system. I'm not sure that you even understand what that means.

Dan