Date: Sep 7, 2017 6:38 PM
Author: Dan Christensen
Subject: Re: 0 = 1

On Thursday, September 7, 2017 at 5:10:13 PM UTC-4, conway wrote:
> Dan
>
> For a FACT....I formalized the system. I wrote an axiom (can't get more formal than that).

I think you may have informally stated some axiom(s), but that won't do in this context.

Perhaps you need an example. Here is the most commonly used formal axioms for the set of natural numbers:

1. 0 in N
2. For all x in N: S(x) in N
3. For all x, y in N: [S(x)=S(y) => x=y]
4. For all x in N: S(x)=/=0
5. For subsets P of N: [0 in N & For x in N: S(x) in N => P=N]

Do you think you can write your axioms in this form?

> My hands are waving, but my logic is not garbled. It is your sense of wonder and imagination that is garbled. I will continue to post, and I will begin to ignore you.

That's fine with me.

> You have zero academic honesty.

You have zero mental discipline. You can't just make things up willy-nilly just because they sound cool. You must do your homework.

> Peter
>
> Same as it was in my other posts. Space is a quantity of dimension.

This might suffice for a dictionary definition, but it is quite useless for doing mathematics. Really quite garbled. Your proposed theory needs a LOT of work, Conway.

Dan