Date: Sep 23, 2017 10:13 AM
Author: Me
Subject: Re: 0 = 1

On Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 3:34:16 PM UTC+2, Conway wrote:

> If 0 IS something. What then is it?

It's a number, a _mathematical_ object.

> Dimension ...

Usually we don't consider numbers to be objects "located" in space-time. Moroever we usually don't assume that they have an extension or a weight or whatever. With other words, no dimension, space, etc. connected just with the number _as such_.

If we have n =/= m for n, m e IN. We do not assume that the two numbers have different "locations", etc. We just assume that the ARE different (not identical) which is a pure "logical" or "mathematical" concept in this case.

What we *do* know (or assume, or deduce) is that there certain mathematical RELATIONS hold between numbers, for examle 0 < 1 < 2, etc.